Mold production process
The following is the basic process of modern mold production
1. ESI (EarlierSupplierInvolvement): This stage is mainly a technical discussion on product design and mold development between customers and suppliers. The teacher can better understand the ability of mold making and the technological performance of the product, so as to make a more reasonable design.
2. Quotation: including the price of the mold, the life of the mold, the turnover process, the tonnage required by the machine, the delivery time of the mold, and the method of transportation. (A more detailed quotation should include product size weight, mold size weight and other information.)
3. PurchaseOrder: customer orders, the issuance of deposits and the acceptance of supplier orders.
4. ProductionPlanningandScheduleArrangement: At this stage, it is necessary to reply to the customer for the specific date of delivery of the mold.
5. Design: The design software that may be used are Pro/Engineer, UG, Solidworks, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.
6. Purchasing materials
7. Machining: The processes involved generally include turning, gong (milling), heat treatment, grinding, CNC, EDM, WEDM, JIGGRINGING, laser lettering, polishing, etc.
11. SER Approval